A new IDC report shows the power of word of mouth marketing when it comes to making the decision to buy.
According to the data, two out of five B2B pros (38 percent) said they were most influenced at purchasing time by colleagues and others in their professional networks. The next-most influential sources were industry experts (22 percent), internal influencers (16 percent), and vendor-supplied content (14 percent). Download the full report from Pardot.
To me, this data shows how important it is for B2B marketers to deliver content to current clients and advocates because that's where they get the information they share with others.
- Make sure you know who this key audience group is and where its members go for information.
- Create and distribute content that's relevant and shareable.
- Post easily discoverable content that supports the various stages of the buy-cycle, so when prospects are referred to you by their influencers, the information needed to move forward is easy to find and use.
- Content Marketing and the Buy-Cycle
- More Tips for B2B Content Marketing
- Getting More from Word of Mouth