WORDS THAT WORK: The Complete Career Search Writing Course
9:30-4:30, Saturday, August 27
Centerpoint Institute, Seattle
You know the materials you need for your career change or job search, but you may not have the time or the inclination to produce them all, much less to make them show your unique skills and talents. And, let’s be honest, most of us don’t enjoy doing this work, especially on our own. But it doesn’t have to be this way. This fast-paced day-long workshop will help you break through the blocks, find the time, and create a great set of materials you can begin using the very next day. We’ll teach you strategies for preparing yourself and your documents quickly – and you’ll actually work on them in class with lots of feedback from others and personal coaching from the instructors. This is a hands-on, writing-intensive workshop (bring a laptop or pen and paper) that includes six powerful modules that will get your writing your way to your next to your next career. Register here: https://bit.ly/wordsthatworkreg
1. THE BIG PICTURE: Vision, Values, and Victories. The journey of career renewal can be a long one. What sustains you as you make each hard-earned next step?
2. CAREER STORYTELLING: From Auspicious Starts to Happy Endings. We all have a story to tell about our career trajectory. But how do we make it an effective tool for self-promotion? By telling someone else’s story first instead.
3. BRAND YOU: Creating Your Key Message Architecture. Consistent and concise messaging is crucial to breaking through the “noise” that assaults HR departments, potential partners, and clients.
4. NUTS AND BOLTS: Cover Letters, Elevator Pitches and All That Other Stuff. This workshop teaches you proven strategies for composing a strong and unique cover letter, elevator pitch or bio—and provides helpful feedback.
5. TWEET THIS: An Introduction to Social Media for Your Career Search. Can you really use social media to find your next career opportunity? You bet – and we’ll show you how.
6. YOUR CAREER HOME PAGE: Optimizing Your Search With LinkedIn. Build a powerful network, discover the common sense science behind the “strength of weak ties”, and punch up your profile.
The fee for this day-long seminar is $145. Click here to register: https://bit.ly/wordsthatworkreg