Take care of the people who matter
Today's the quarterly observance of Know Your Customer Day. I like to add stakeholders to the mix, because they count, too, especially for mission-driven organizations. It seems obvious, but so often if we bother to consider these folks at all, we do it haphazardly. That often results in poor decision-making and less-than-optimal outcomes.
Here's a handful of posts to help you gain insights on the people who buy/benefit from your work:
- How to integrate customer/stakeholder perspectives into your key messaging.
- Guest Post: How to learn more about your customers and prospects to grow your business from survey expert Jeanne Hurlbert.
- 3 tips for surveying your customers and prospects for insights that will help achieve business goal.
- Hint: It’s not about you.
- Audience engagement hinges on your understanding of their needs, values and concerns. Here's how to get a handle on that.
Bonus item: Check out my slide deck on audience engagement.