We’ve worked hard at The Word Factory to engage people who love what they do enough to do it for themselves. Every one of us has worked for big corporations and small start-ups, but we’ve also all been freelancers, too. To me, that proves that we really do love our work. Because, believe me, nobody freelances more than once if they don’t really love it!
One of the things I love the most is learning new things and meeting interesting people. Last week alone, I interviewed Elizabeth Edwards’ cancer doc about the value of clinical trials, learned about new green options for roofs, and chatted about documentary film-making with the Oscar-winning cinematographer behind Pan’s Labyrinth. Big fun!
This week’s going to be fun, too. Here’s what we’re working on:
- The job search and social media workshop at FastTrac to the Future
- An article of fireworks safety for UNC Health Care
- A research profile for the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- An article on translational research at the N.C. Cancer Hospital for the UNC School of Medicine
- A review of post-Katrina development in New Orleans for Architect magazine
Sheesh! I’d better get down to the factory floor and get busy!