The words we use are important, whether we're discussing the day's events in the break room or trying to persuade customers/users.
Last week, Seth Godin posted two helpful lists of words: One for early adopters and trend-setters, the other for those who like to go a little slower. Here are some examples:
How to Choose the Right Words
Learn how to use clearer language and more effective words to make your writing / content marketing more effective:
- What is plain language? - Don't scoff! "Plain" language actually makes your ideas clearer and more potent.
- The power of word choice - See why focussing on your audience is key to choosing the right words.
- How to write better calls to action - Learn how to create more effective calls to action by focusing on what you want your audience to think, feel or do.
- Writing Resolution: Cut the conditional! - Cut them out! Delete these words to make your copy stronger.
- How to use word choice to create voice & tone - Explore the impact word choice has on voice and tone.